By John Gura
Home Safe Environmental
For years mold has been accepted by most of us as Mother Nature's way of warning us away from spoiled food. Then, a few years ago, mold must have gotten a press agent.
Headlines about toxic mold and TV news reports on sensational lawsuits became common. On one national broadcast a homeowner was quoted as saying her house was so contaminated by toxic stachybotrys that it, "cannot be cleaned" so she was going to let her local fire department burn it for practice! Programs like 48 Hours, Primetime and even Oprah have jumped on the "toxic mold" story.
All of the hype has a lot of people who can't even pronounce stachybotrys; positive it's lurking under their kitchen sink. Mold is fast becoming public health enemy number one.
How did this happen?